If you are a Windows User then you must have had an encounter with the Error Code 0x80004005 on your system. It is one of the exceptional error that is found in Windows 7 and Windows 10. However, this 0x80004005 Error becomes annoying because of it paralyzes the overall Microsoft Experience.
Error Code 0x80004005 For Windows
Also Check: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
Microsoft has complete control over the market when it is about the Operating systems. Moreover, Microsoft is highly specialized in desktop games and this is the sole reason that has made Microsoft, a ruler in the entire industry. As we are aware of the fact that Windows 7 and Windows 10 have been widely accepted by the masses and users are grateful to the advanced features and friendly interface.
If we talk about the troubleshooting problems that most of the users face then Microsoft is among the most ignorant software that does not look up to solve the problems of the consumers. As a matter of fact that Microsoft is unsupportive to the error codes and does not provide the exact solutions.
There are a lot of variations of this error which can be seen while accessing Windows. It may sometimes appear as “Unspecified Error” and other times it is “Error 0x80004005 windows 10”. Moreover, it may also give you an error when you fail to access the Outlook and it would show “0x80004005 windows 7 outlook”.
What is Error 0x80004005?
This error is as frustrating as any other errors which we usually get to see while accessing Windows 7 or Windows 10. It becomes really difficult when this error shows “Unspecified Error” because then you could not find the exact cause of the error.
Now we will look at the common reason because of which this error occurs on your system.
Windows 10 update
This error might be faced by the user when he intends to update the version of Windows 10 and which can generally be interpreted that there is a flaw in the update file or it is giving corrupted data.
Microsoft Outlook Error
It is most frequently seen when users of both Windows 7 and Windows 10 are using the Outlook App and the error displays on the screen with a message that says – “ Sending and receiving reported error 0x80004005 network: The operation failed.” And this error will restrict you from sending and receiving emails.
Registry Key Error
This error is generally seen while accessing shared folders or it may be a possibility that virtual machine causes the same. When this happens the error affects the registry key and many programs and we fail to discover the exact reason.
Corrupt .dll file
This means that it is related to dynamic link library. As we know that a library contains many codes and data and when there is a misfunctioning in many programs that will encourage this error to appear.
Methods to Solve Error 0x80004005 onenote from Windows 7 & Windows 10
Above, we have discussed the major possibilities of this error now we will look at the solutions that will help you fix the error code 0x80004005 windows 8 from your system.
Solution 1: Windows 10 Update
We always need to advanced features and functions of any software and this error usually appears while you are updating your Window 10 version. It is one of the easiest things to rectify from the system.
It is important to know that the error is motivated by the “Windows Update Control Panel” and you must simply download windows 10 from the website of Microsoft would resolve the problem and for that, you have to go to entire set up process which will take little time and will give you error free results.
Solution 2: Microsoft Outlook Error
If you are a user of Outlook application then you must be familiar with this error and must learn the process of fixation because it restricts you to send or receive emails that become really frustrating at the time of work.
There are two methods which will help you fix the error from Outlook.
- You must Disable Anti-Virus Blocking Feature: we know that if you disable the anti-virus program then your data will become vulnerable but it will be fixed by the developer in a couple of days but it will solve your issue instantly and you will be able to access Outlook.
- Disable Notifications: You can easily disable notifications of Outlook by following this – Tools >Preferences > Email Options > Display a Notification message when a new mail arrives (Uncheck). And then click “Ok”.
Solution 3: Registry Key Error
An error in the registry key is the reason for the problem and it affects many programs. Now we will learn how we can fix this error while using registry key program.
- The first step in the process is to press “Windows + R” keys from the keyboard.
- Once you do that, a new Run window will get appear on your
- Then in the Run window, you need to type “Regedit” in the provided space and then click “Ok”.
- Then the Registry Editor window will appear where you need to type the following command – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\ CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers.
- Then restart your computer and you will see that your problem got disappeared.
Solution 4: Corrupt .dll file
As we have discussed earlier that this error might affect several programs and it is wise to fix the problem as soon as it appears and causes a lot of trouble with your work. Follow the instructions carefully which are mentioned below.
- Go to the “Start” menu and Click on “All Programs > Accessories > System Tools.
- Click on “Disk Cleanup” and delete the selected files.
- Select the “Temporary Internet Files” and then click on “Clean up system files” button.
ALSO CHECK : Err_Spdy_Protocol_Error
- error code 0x80004005 unspecified error
- error code 0x80004005 mac
- error code 0x80004005 sccm
We hope that you have learned to fix Error code 0x80004005 from your Windows 7 and Windows 10 and we have discussed the reasons followed by the solutions in this article. We would love to hear your experience while fixing the error code which you can mention in the comments section below.