As the name suggests ERR_CONNECTION_RESET is one error that occurs when you try to connect to a certain web page but could not do that because your device or web browser is restricting you to reach the specific website.
However, the specific error ERR CONNECTION RESET is similar that occurs in all the operating systems like – Android, Mac, Windows 7, and Windows 10 and this is one error that can affect any web browser. Users get really frustrated because of such errors because it threatens their work and mental peace.
This error has a broad appearance in all the operating systems that are existing in the market including even PS4 and the Nintendo Wii. You must be familiar with the error if you are a frequent user of any web browsers.
In this article, we will cover all the aspects of the error like- what this error actually is and why it occurs and also how we can fix it with the help of different methods that will discuss later because it will give you deep insight and understanding about this error and the possible solutions to rectify the error.
ERR_CONNECTION_RESET – What is it?
Also Check: 0x8007007b or 0x8007232b
This is error occurs on a specific occasion like when you try to visit any page of your choice within a website and the page fails to make a connection to the main website and you get to see the message “This webpage is not available; ERR_CONNECTION_RESET” flashing on your screen.
It is quite evident that you are connected to the Internet so that means your network is clear and not making an issue. The problem lies in your web browser or device may be and something is blocking the specific URL which you wanting to reach.
If I will be generic in my approach then this specific error occurs when you alter or make changes in the Registry or other network settings of your device. Another possible reason for this error is that the installed programs like – PC optimizers and anti-version may also create this issue on your device.
How to Rectify?
Since we have acknowledged the reasons for this particular error on the device. Now, we will look at the possible solutions that will help you to fix the problem from your Android, Mac, and Windows devices.
We suggest you to follow the step by step instructions of each method very carefully to fix the problem caused on your device.
Method 1: Examine Proxy Settings
If you are aware of the Proxies then it is one tool that is used to filter all the web content and provide anonymity when you are using the internet. Basically, a proxy or proxy server is just another computer where all the internet requests are getting processed.
There is a high possibility that the proxy is restricting you from visiting any site as its sole purpose is to filter the content. Therefore, the problem may be arising from the proxy server and we need to turn it off to check whether it is actually causing the error or not. Learn how can we turn off the proxy server.
Windows 7 and 10
- Firstly, you need to click on the “Start Menu” and then open the “Control Panel” block.
- Then you need to navigate for “Internet Settings” and then click on it.
- A pop-up window will appear on the screen and from there you need to select the “Connections” tab.
- After that, click on the “LAN Settings” and deselect the option “Use a proxy server for your LAN” and tap on it.
- Lastly, click “OK” and your proxy has been turned off.
- Click on the “Apple” icon.
- Select “System Preferences”.
- Then choose “Network” which are connected to.
- Select “Advanced” option.s
- Look for “Proxies” tab.
- Uncheck everything below “Select a protocol to configure”.
- Firstly, you need to click on the “Chrome” and select “Settings”.
- Move to “Show advanced settings” and click on it.
- You will see the tabs in “Network” section.
- Select “Proxy Settings” and then look for “LAN Settings” and click on it.
- Uncheck “Automatically detect settings and use a proxy server for your LAN”.
Method 2: Deactivate Anti-Virus
We have discussed that sometimes Anti-Virus Software can be harmful and creates a lot of trouble on our devices and sometimes it gets so cruel that it blocks some of the websites. Anti-Virus restricts you to reach some specific pages because that page may cause a lot of problem on your device.
You simply can disable the Anti-virus software from your device only if you are confident that the particular page will not harm your device. Now we will learn how can we do that.
- The first step in the process is to click on the icon of the Anti-virus software.
- And then click on the “Turn off” or “Disable” option from the page.
- Restart your browser and if the problem persisted.
- Reboot your Computer and you will see that it is not causing any problem now.
Method 3: Alter your MTU
The full form of MTU is Maximum Transmission Unit. It is one tool or the size of the data that is transmitted into one transaction. So the browser which you are using is having a problem with the browsing loading speed or time.
Once you change the MTU you can easily fix the error and for that, you need to learn the process of doing that.
- Click on the “Apple” icon and choose “System Preferences”.
- Choose “Network > Advanced” option.
- Select “Hardware” then from “Configure” menu, choose “Manually”.
- From “MTU” menu, choose “Custom” and start with “1458”.
Windows 7 & 10
- Click on “Windows” button and then select “All programs” and then “Accessories” option.
- Click on “Command Prompt” and then select “Run as administrator”.
- Now in the Command window write the following command – netsh interface ipv4 show subinterface and then press “Enter” button.
- A new interface will get open where you need to type netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface Your Network’s Namemtu=1458 store=persistent” and then press “Enter”.
ERR_CONNECTION_RESET is one of the common errors that the Android, Mac, and Windows 7 & 10 users face while trying to reach their desired web pages.
We hope that you have learned to fix such error with the help of a complete tutorial. We would love to hear your experience which you can mention in the comments section below.