Err_Spdy_Protocol_Error is one of the most common errors that arise while we use any browser and it causes a lot of trouble which threatens our browsing experience. There are many other errors that people face while using their technical devices but “Err_SPdy_Protocol_Error” is specifically stuck to internet browsers that hampers users’ internet experience.
We have specifically written this article to help all the users who tend to face Err_Spdy_Protocol_Error while using internet browsers. In this article, we are going to provide a tutorial which will help you to fix this error.
Before moving to the tutorial we would like you to know what exactly this error is and why it occurs during the internet browsing. If we elaborate the issue then you must be well aware of the fact that this error specifically occurs to the Chrome browser only.
What is Err_Spdy_Protocol_Error?
There is no doubt this technical error occurs only when you are using the Chrome internet Browser and it is a matter of fact that most of the population use Chrome browser and it has become necessary to provide the users a complete guide which will surely help them to resolve this error issue.
Err_Spdy_Protocol_Error Chrome is believed to be a matter of security issue and there is nothing severe about this error which you cannot resolve. To make you more aware of this error then this error was completely supported by the Google and when the HTTP2 came down in the existence it became really useless and vulnerable.
This specific error is generic in its form which mostly occurred in the old version of the Chrome and additionally the sites which have enabled SSL on their web browser generally encounter this error.
Most people use VPN or Virtual Private Network so that their personal identity and information should not be shared on the other platforms and the people who use VPN can generally face this error on their screen and with the help of the guidance they can easily rectify the error.
Why Err_Spdy_Protocol_Error Occurs?
People are tired of this error and we agree to the fact that it becomes highly annoying when the error restricts us to access the important information through Chrome Internet browser. Now we will look at the possible situations that encourage this error to come into existence.
Following are the possibility that causes Err_Spdy_Protocol_Error on the screen.
- You must be using the old version of Chrome.
- There must be Slow Internet Connection on your device.
- There may be system fault on your Chrome Browser.
- This error might occur if you are using VPN.
- The Anti-virus on your device may also provoke this error.
How to Resolve Err_Spdy_Protocol_Error from Chrome Browser?
With the help of the step by step guide, you will be able to fix the error from your chrome browser. As we are aware of the fact that this error generally occurs while you access the internet and now we will discuss many methods which will help you to resolve the same.
It is the method which is tried and tested by the masses and it generally works. So whenever this error occurs on your screen the first thing you decide to do is to click on the “Refresh” icon and the error disappears.
Clear the Caches, Temporary Files, and Cookies
So this is another method which will help you to resolve the issue and gives you would not be caught by the error anymore. Follow the steps to fix the issue.
- The first step in the process is to press the “Windows+R” from your keyboard.
- Once you press the button a window will appear on your screen and there you are required to type “%temp%” and then press the “Enter”.
- Then a new window will appear with a lot of files and folders and there you need to select all the files and press the “Delete” button.
- To clear all the cookies and Caches you need to open your Chrome.
- Go to the “History” from the menu button which you will get to see on the top right corner of your screen.
- Then you need to go to “Clear Browsing data” and select the data which are irrelevant or are in use anymore and press the clear browsing data button.
Once you update your Chrome browser you will definitely be able to fix the problem and it mostly works. Now carefully follow the instructions to update your chrome.
- The first step in the process is to open your web browser and in the top right corner, you will get to see three dots which you need to click.
- After clicking on that you need to open the “Settings” from there.
- Once you open the settings you need to click on the bar visible on the left side. Then you can easily see whether you need to update your browser or not.
Flush Spdy Sockets in Google Chrome
With the help of this method, you can easily fix the problem because it is one of the easiest methods which will help you do the same. Follow these steps carefully to resolve the issue.
- The first step in the process is to open the Chrome browser and copy the following URL – ‘chrome://net-internals/#events&q=type: SPDY_SESSION%20is: active’.
- Remove the quotes from above and paste the same URL into the address bar.
- Then you will get to see RED colored strip in your window and when you move your cursor there a small menu will get open and there you will see “Flush Sockets” which you need to select.
- The last step is to close the browser for some time and then open the browser again.
Err_Spdy_Protocol_Error in Chrome Browser – Video Tutorial
Yes, you have done it right! We hope that this article really helped you to solve “Err_Spdy_Protocol_Error” from your Chrome browser. We would love to hear your experience which you can mention in the comments section below.
- 1 What is Err_Spdy_Protocol_Error?
- 1.1 Why Err_Spdy_Protocol_Error Occurs?
- 1.2 How to Resolve Err_Spdy_Protocol_Error from Chrome Browser?
- 1.3 Err_Spdy_Protocol_Error in Chrome Browser – Video Tutorial