Error Loading Media File Could Not Be Played is one of those frustrating errors that restrict you from accessing the media files which includes – music, gallery, or videos. This error mainly occurs when you wish to play something and could not because you get to see an error message flashing on the screen.
Error Loading Media File Could Not Be Played
It majorly happens when you are trying to watch a video on any website that offers video content. It is observed by the IT professionals and technicians that the major issue of the error is when you open a file which is not supported by the particular format.
However, the error is majorly encountered by both the desktop users as well as the mobile users and the error is also observed in the Firefox and safari web browsers which is caused because of the incorrect configuration of any specific media player or sometimes by browser cookies and extensions.
What Causes the Error?
Like all the errors that we have discussed on our website called errormaster.com where we have determinatively discussed all the major error, how do they work, and the possible methods which could fix the error from the specific devices.
If you are a frequent user of media player who loves to watch movies and video might have surely faced this error on your devices. Under this section, we will discuss the major cause that encourages the error to appear on your respective systems.
Error Loading Media File Not Found
So, it has been observed that on the one hand, the problem is the media player and on the other browser can also be one of the reasons.
You must not get disheartened when the error appears rather, you must first copy the URL which you are using and then paste it to a different browser and then check whether the error is persisting or not.
How to Rectify the Error?
Under this section, we will look at all the possible methods for both the Chrome and Safari users. We will provide you multiple methods which will help you fix the error from your respective browsers.
For Chrome Users:
It is a general view that the Chrome browser is configured to automatic download and it applies the recent updates in the background of your web page and it appears when you open or closes the browser.
If you are facing the error while using Chrome then the first thing you have to make sure of that the chrome browser is updated because if it is not fully updated then you are likely to face the error issues on your system.
Method 1: Update Chrome Browser
The first possible method to fix the error is to update the chrome browser fully because sometimes the out-dated versions of browsers may corrupt the functions and motivate error to appear on the system.
- The first step is to click on the “Menu Control” on the top right corner.
- Then you will get to see an option named “Update Chrome” which you need to click.
- If the option is not there that means your browser is fully updated.
Method 2: Delete Cache Files and Cookies
We have seen that the unnecessary cache files an cookies present in the browser data can display a lot of issues because the cache files restrict you to access the specific webpage of your choice and end up showing you an error message on your screen.
- Firstly, you need to click on the “Control Menu” on the top right corner.
- Then you need to select the “More Tools” option and click on that.
- You will get to see the “Clear Browsing data” option which you click.
- Click on the “Basic”
- And select the “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files”.
- Click on the “Clear data” option.
Method 3: Open Incognito Mode Window
We cannot deny the fact that these extensions trigger the issue and now we will learn to disable them by using incognito mode.
- Select the three dots from the top right corner of the Chrome
- Navigate to the “New Incognito window” option.
- Then copy-paste your URL which you were trying to access.
Method 4: Disable hardware acceleration
- Click the “Control menu” option.
- Select the “Settings” block.
- Locate for the “Show Advanced Settings” and click on that.
- From a new window, you need to see the box named “Use hardware acceleration when available.”
- Uncheck the box.
For Safari Users:
Like Chrome users, Safari users might also be facing the same issue of loading the media file but they could not because the error got stuck to your screen and prevent them from accessing anything.
Method 1: Delete Cookies and Data files
- Firstly, you need to select the “Safari” in your toolbar.
- Then tap on “preferences” option.
- Select “Privacy” option.
- After that, select the “remove all website data” option which would delete all your cookies and saved files.
Method 2: Delete information from Specific websites
We will follow the above steps first and then proceed to the steps mentioned below.
- You will see a small button “Details” under the “Remove all website data” option.
- List of websites will appear that have data.
- Search for the website which you were using and select the website and click the “remove” button.
Method 3: Disable extensions
- Click on the “Safari” and then choose “Preferences” option.
- Select the “Extensions” option.
- Then mark the box named “Enable…Extension”.
- Try to reload the page which you were accessing.
We hope that you have learned to fix the Error Loading Media File Could Not Be Played.File not found an error from your Chrome browser as well as from Safari Browser. We have covered all the aspects of the error and provided the best possible solutions as well. We would love to know about your experience which you can mention in the comments section below.
- 1 Error Loading Media File Could Not Be Played
- 1.1 What Causes the Error?
- 1.2 Error Loading Media File Not Found
- 1.3 How to Rectify the Error?
- 1.4 For Chrome Users:
- 1.5 For Safari Users: