Iphlpsvc is referring to “the Internet Protocol Helper Service” which allow you to retrieve and modify the Network Configuration settings of your Windows System.
In simple words, IP Helper is known as a Win32 Service. You must be wondering, how it works. Then we are going to give you simple preview which will help you understand it better. So, if we talk about Windows 10 then once you start your system it gets start immediately when the operating system starts of your system.
Iphlpsvc – IP Helper Service
IP Helper Service works as a LocalSystem along with the other services such as – svchost.exe. There is one more thing about the IP Helper Service is that you can easily disable Iphlpsvc service from your system whenever you want.
In case the IP Helper does not start then all the failure details will get recorded into the EventLog and once you start your Windows 10 you will get the notification that the Iphlpsvc service has stopped working on your system because some error has occurred on your device.
Under What Conditions?
Now we will look at the situations that do not allow IP Helper Service to work on your Windows 10. Mentioned below are some of the services if they are disabled or deleted then the IP Helper Service will stop working.
- NetIO Legacy TDI Support Driver
- Network Store Interface Service
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- TCP/IP Protocol Driver
- Windows Management Instrumentation
- WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service
If these services are disabled on your system then, the IP Helper Service will stop functioning or responding.
Can You Disable It?
Yes, of course. We assume that from the above definition you have got the little understanding about the Iphlpsvc service given by the Microsoft and you can safely and easily disable it whenever you wish to.
It is highly recommended by the OptimizingPC that if IPv6 is not supporting your system then, you can easily disable it by following the methods that we are going to discuss it later in this article.
IP Helper For Mannequins
Since we were having a quite Technical discussion about the subject now we will slightly look at the simplest explanation of all given by the OptimizingPC that says what IP Helper exactly is and how does it work. Although, it prefers IPv6 Connection over an IPv4 network connection.
Why it chooses IPv6 connection over IPv4 network because of one simple reason that is IPv6 is kind of a modern and advance in its connectivity that allows computer which is connected to the internet to have a unique IP Address of their own. Not only that, IPv6 has many advantages too that you may not find in any other providers.
Why Does iphlpsvc Occur?
There are many reasons that encourage iphlipsvc to occur on your system. Under this block, we will look at the reason which will help you understand it on a deeper level and also we will find the out the best possible solutions to fix them.
It Dominates Memory
Evidently, Microsoft user has declared that the IP Helper Service “iphlpsvcs.exe” consumes a lot of memory and it is true that such service eats up a lot of resources and memory space of your computer.
Now, we will at the process which will help you to disable the services which are not in use. You must ensure that you must notice the non-essential services while disabling them from your computer.
Follow this step by step instructions carefully to disable the services which are not important.
- The first step in the process is to click on the “Start” menu and search for “Control Panel” which you need to click.
- Once you open the Control Panel then you must navigate for the “Administrative Tools and Services” and then click on that.
- Once you select the option a new window will get appear on the screen where you need you select the services which are not in use or if they are irrelevant then, mark them “disable” and then press “OK” button.
Perform a Clean Boot
To perform a clean boot on your Windows which needs set of drivers and startup programs on your system because certain programs remove the conflict which you might face while installing or updating other programs.
- First, log on to the computer as an administrator because then only you will be able to perform a clean boot.
- You might face some error issues when you start the computer after performing a clean boot.
- Make sure that you do not use the system configuration utility to alter the boot options till the time Microsoft support engine tell you the same and you must also know that the network policy settings may prevent you to perform but you better go for the previously discussed policies.
How to check whether IPv6 is enabled?
Follow the below-mentioned instructions carefully.
- Select the “Start” menu and then type “ncpa.cpl” and then press the “Enter” key.
- That will take you to the Local Area Connections Settings.
- Then Right-click on it and then click on the “Properties” options and then you can check that the IPv6 is enabled or not.
By the following the steps you will get to know whether the IPv6 of your device is enabled or not and after doing that ensure that it is enabled because then only we can safely disable the IP Helper Service from your computer.
Can you disable it?
Let’s go to the facts first where one of the users discussed that Avast installation optimized the performance of Operating system but the Iphlpsv and Trk Wks got flagged because these services involved networks and the remote database users always get affected.
As a matter of fact no every user uses the remote database and if you a home user and no one else accesses your system then it is really fine deactivating it.
We hope that you have learned to disable Iphlpsvc service from the Windows 10. As we have discussed all the aspects of Iphlpsvc service in this article so, we hope that it has built up your deeper understanding of the same subject.
We would love to hear your experience which you can mention in the comments section below.